Part-Time Freelance Technical Designer, Apparel and Accessories
Our philosophy at Kerri Rosenthal is simple, we make people happy by creating collections that make us happy. Join our team and share in the overwhelming feeling of joy that people get when they step inside the world of Kerri Rosenthal, a company based on Kerri’s artwork, featuring Art, Home, and Apparel.
- Partner with Senior Technical Designer to understand and provide tech support to overseas partners by helping improve fit and providing clear and concise comments within internal Excel
- Collaborate with Designers and Production team to understand the design concept/vision and influence changes as needed to help ensure the product fit, function, price & delivery goals can be successfully achieved in a timely manner
- Assist in developing and creating Technical Packages to share with team members and vendors
- Review, Measure, and evaluate Fit samples from Proto stage to Production TOPs
- Enter sample measurements and images into an Excel T/P
- Communicate with overseas team members on all technical issues, providing technical expertise on how to correct or achieve a desired look, with ensuring that there is correlation between correction and updated spec
- Ensure accuracy and adherence for Production WIPS
- Help to track samples received and ensure comments go out in time
- Build Excellent working relationships with cross functional partners in Design, overseas technical design, Merch, Production and Brand Team Members
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in accordance with company calendar
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Technical Design, Textile Sciences or a related field.
- 2 -3 years of experience in technical design of apparel; relevant experience in womenswear
- Knowledge of working with a premium fashion label a plus in both Knit and Wovens
- Advanced knowledge of apparel development process from inception through production, including but not limited to: pattern making, grading, construction manufacturing, embroidery, materials, and machinery used in apparel.
- MS Excel, Word, Adobe
- Good communication skills
- Experience working with overseas vendors
- Familiarity with current trends, color and design and the ability to demonstrate a sense of style, creativity, and color to work with designer in accomplishing a point of view.
This is a part-time in-house position at our headquarters in Westport, CT. Qualified applicants, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org