Ecomm Director is responsible for ensuring a superior customer shopping experience as a result of executing the online merchandising and assortment strategies for single or multiple categories of business leveraged by website analytics, industry trends and competitive research. They are also responsible for achieving topside sales plans, conversion goals, usability performance targets and corporate objectives. The objectives will be met by setting up compelling customer driven merchandise assortments, content setup and thorough validation, alongside continuous website metric analysis to improve conversion. The position will be accountable for ensuring timely and accurate production of content and related merchandise assortments. This role will work with the buying teams and various cross-functional partners to achieve the common goal of maximizing conversion and providing a great customer experience.
Collection Launch Prep & Daily Publishes
- Responsible for executing all editorial and special content setup for multiple categories of business. Execute merchandising strategies online through custom product assortments and brand specific merchandising requests to contribute to overall business goals. Curate and look order events based on merchandising standards. Identify process and/or system inefficiencies on a regular basis.
- Daily sign-off on all site content for website publication; Ensure that you have completed thorough quality assurance of designated categories of responsibility. Participate in the testing of all site content in coordination with weekly site refreshes, functionality and marketing initiatives
Site Navigation & Refinements
- Responsible for setting up all navigation folders. Optimizes onsite search based on weekly analysis.
Reporting & Analysis
- Responsible for pulling all reporting and analysis to optimize navigation, refinements, linking, and onsite search. Responsible for pulling weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc reporting. Troubleshoots any reporting (i.e. tagging) issues.
Special Merchandising Projects & Strategies
- Participates in cross-banner projects such as path to purchase category summits and supports the cross-banner product findability standard
- Responsible for set-up that supports A/B tests in an effort to optimize conversion and overall customer experience (i.e. linking, navigation, refinements, sort order).
- Responsible for identifying system enhancement opportunities in an effort to create set-up efficiencies and a seamless customer experience.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Social Media on ensuring a flawless execution of special events, promotional strategy, sale events, product and clearance promotions.
- Thoroughly understand competitive landscape primarily focused on navigation and customer experience and make recommendations to incorporate into business.
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience in e-Commerce, retail site merchandising preferred
- Understanding of retail ecommerce landscape
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills
- A keen eye for design and strong interest in translating our brand aesthetic through product offering
- Familiarity with Shopify and site analytics tools and with content management tools
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel and Power Point) and the ability to quickly learn internal systems, processes and additional software/web-based applications
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and systems
- Proven ability to function well in a collaborative environment
- Strong aptitude to work within deadlines, both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with and present to individuals at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Self-motivated, resourceful with a creative mindset
- Keen attention to details
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume